SAILING YACHT FROM MALTA TO LINOSA
The journey of a lifetime, this ecology-friendly and life-inspiring trip to the Pelagic island of Linosa is the only one you will find advertised. Built around the experiences of a seasoned and expert skipper who has travelled extensively to all locations around the Maltese islands, Linosa is one of his favourite destinations – and for good reason.
For this exclusive and bespoke tour fashioned around you and your entourage, the departure from Portomaso’s award winning luxury harbour would typically be at about 10am. Under sail all the way to Linosa (unless wind speed is under 2 knots), fresh Tuna, Albacore, Marlin, Mahi Mahi or a surprise fish will be your lunch as the yacht’s itinerary crosses the migration paths of these formidable Pelagic fish.
Having made landfall by sunset, you will be free to choose any of the activities you would like to do, such as fishing, diving, snorkelling etc. and we will provide everything for you. Of course you won’t miss the circumnavigation of the island with the possibility to stop in any place you’d like to. Linosa is a unique volcanic island rich in colour and geological wonders. This island has a population of 450 inhabitants and here there are three extinct volcanoes, where the highest is Monte Vulcano (195m). Its geological origin is from the Eurasian plate so different from the African plate to which its sister island Lampedusa belongs. The result is that the island of Linosa is characterised by black rocks, black sand and a very deep sea bottom brimming with marine life and different species. This island is a unique place thanks to its quietness and cleanliness. Linosa is one of the most interesting places in the Mediterranean Sea not only because of its unique natural features: it is one of the most important nesting site for the loggerhead Caretta caretta turtle in Italy and also hosts the largest population of Cory’s shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) in the Mediterranean. In the clean waters around the island it is common to encounter different marine species such as Dolphins, sea rays, Tuna, amberjack, snapper, saddled sea bream, parrotfish and many different invertebrates such as octopus and star corals.
The island awaits discovery!
So, just think what you would like to do and we will provide a package perfectly suitable for you!
Ideas for Activities
- Diving/Scuba Diving
- Day/Night Yacht Tour of the Island
- Boat Tour to see the dolphins
- Hiking Trails in Lampedusa, rich of local flora and fauna
- Moving around the island hiring a scooter or a moped
- Eating out on Lampedusa (Sicilian and Italian Cuisine)
- Shopping (Locally made pottery, wooden items, souvenirs, Olive Oils, Capers, Olives and Italian Wines)
- Visit Beach Pozzolana di Ponente, where Caretta Caretta Turtles lay their eggs.
- Minibus Tour which stops at Piscina Naturale, Baja del Conte, Fossa del Cappellano, Cala Pozzolana
- Aperitiv with the view of Berta Maggiore
- Snorkelling Excursion
- Volcano, M.Nero, M.Rosso Excursion and trekking
- Visit to Riserva Naturale Orientata Linosa
- Boat/Yacht Tour (Grotta del Greco, Faraglioni, Fili)
Make an enquiry: